I'm a self-proclaimed movie buff. I'd say a large portion of my leisure time is spent watching movies, talking about them, buying them or trying to incorporate a scene into my life (which is quite a feat). Enjoy!

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Batman Begins



My first impression of the movie wasn't all that great. But I suppose that's my fault for expecting so much from it.

Undoubtedly, this was the best out of all the Batman movies. But it just barely got ahead of the very first one done by Tim Burton. Just barely. While both movies were dark, Burton's version was more comic-book like. Nolan's version tried too much to have a realistic touch to it. I mean, c'mon, he's a guy who dresses up like a bat, how realistic can you make it???

The other problem I had with the movie was the action scenes. I didn't know what the heck was going on most of the time because it felt like the camera guy couldn't hold the camera steady long enough to get a decent action shot in!

And Katie Holmes does not make a good love interest for Batman. She's too freakin' wholesome to be in a dark movie like this. Michelle Pfiefer was the best one, and she kicked ass as Catwoman too.

But what I love most about the movie was the casting (except for Holmes, of course). From Michael Caine as Alfred, Morgan Freeman as Lucuis Fox, Gary Oldman as Lt. Gordon to Liam Neeson as....someone, I forgot his name.

Funny thing, though, while Neeson was teaching Bruce Wayne, I half expected to hear him say, "You've done well, my young Paduan."

I liked Christian Bale, he did a good job. But I have to say, and I know I'm going to get picked on for saying it, Michael Keaton is still my favorite.

But overall, I enjoyed it!