Mr and Mrs Smith
I enjoyed this movie a lot! Which was pretty surprising actually. I was expecting it to be just another action flick with a whole lot of sexual energy and not a whole lotta substance - your basic formula for summer blockbusters. Well, they did deliver as I expected, but they added a little something that made it really enjoyable.
I call it charisma - Brad Pitt's, to be more precise. He brought to the movie a certain amount of fun and cockiness that is just so endearing and hot, you don't know whether to feel sexually frustrated or giddy as a school girl.
The plot was simple enough, in fact, it could've been done as a 1/2 hour tv special with commercials. A married couple, living secret lives as assassins, finds out that they are each other's next target. And so begins the "marriage counseling," which involved a violent hand to hand combat that inevitably turned into foreplay. Why not? Don't you get turned on when you beat the shit out of your partner?
But you can't make loads of cash in 1/2 hour, so they added explosions, daring stunts, non-stop shooting without someone actually getting shot and did I mention explosions?
And to be quite frank, the hyped up sexual chemistry between Jolie and Pitt felt more like really bad soft porno, without the nudity, which made it even more unbearable. It was that or I was feeling just a tad jealous that Pitt was holding Jolie instead of me. :-D
But overall, I got no major beef with the movie. Go see it and have fun. Just try not to drool too much over Brad Pitt.


<< Home