I'm a self-proclaimed movie buff. I'd say a large portion of my leisure time is spent watching movies, talking about them, buying them or trying to incorporate a scene into my life (which is quite a feat). Enjoy!

Saturday, July 09, 2005

The Fantastic Four

I wasn't at all surprised that this movie was a disappointment. It was way too hyped up for its own good. There was merchandise flying all over the place for several weeks prior to its release that you know they're trying to make up for it flopping in the box office.

First time I heard about this movie, I thought, "Oh! It'll be like X-Men only better because there'd only be four superheroes in the movie!"

Wrong wrong wrong! How could you go wrong with developing a story of four superheroes? I'll tell you. Bad writing for starters. They tried too hard to be funny, too hard to try to explain what happened that none of it made sense, and the character development could barely be called that. The action scenes and special effects were not exciting at all, the actors didn't mesh well, and it was 2 hours too long.

It's very hard for me to try to think of this movie by itself when it would be so much easier to say that it's nowhere near as good as X-Men and Spiderman. The Fantastic Four should hang their head in shame.