I'm a self-proclaimed movie buff. I'd say a large portion of my leisure time is spent watching movies, talking about them, buying them or trying to incorporate a scene into my life (which is quite a feat). Enjoy!

Friday, July 23, 2004

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I absolutely loved this movie! Within the first weekend I went to see the movie twice! that's how much I enjoyed it! Granted I was a little disappointed that the movie didn't cover nearly as much as the book had, but all in all I think they did a great job brining the book to life. I'm sure most kids will say that the movie isn't as great as the book is, but you have to admit that very few movies can live up to those expectations. In fact, I think they did such a great job with the movie that even if you've never read any of the books, you'd still enjoy it!

I suppose my only real complaint is their Dumbledore replacement.....but then again Richard Harris' shoes are hard to fill, and you can't very well have a Harry Potter movie without Dumbledore.

I have to gree with my friend, Joanne, in that I wouldn't bring my little 4-yr old godson to see this movie. Even I was a little creeped out with some of the scenes.....particularly the ones involving the dementors. But I'm sure he would've enjoyed the Whomping Willow and Buckbeak......oh especially the inflated Aunt at the beginning of the movie.

The ending leaves much to be desired, the main characters (Harry, Ron and Hermione) aren't delivering their Oscar-winning performances, and the pace of the movie was definitely too fast. But no matter what anyone says (including myself) I still love the movie. I can only hope they keep up the good work....there's 4 more movies to be made!