I'm a self-proclaimed movie buff. I'd say a large portion of my leisure time is spent watching movies, talking about them, buying them or trying to incorporate a scene into my life (which is quite a feat). Enjoy!

Friday, July 15, 2005

March Of The Penguins




At first I was very hesitant about watching this movie. I mean, who wants to see an 80-minute movie about penguins when you've got contenders like "Wedding Crashers" and "Fantastic Four"? (For those who weren't sure, yes, I was being sarcastic).

But when I saw the trailer for it and found out Morgan Freeman was narrating it, I got all geeky about it!

This movie is amazing. Amidst the storytelling of these incredible Empire Penguins, I was constantly amazed at the cinematography. How they managed to shoot this film was beyond me.

I couldn't help but think how so much easier being a human parent is compared to what these penguins have to go through, the extreme conditions they are willing to face in order to breed and raise their little penguins.

This movie was heartwarming, enlightening and just so freakin' adorable! Kudos, National Geographic, you've done well!