King Arthur
This may very well be the biggest disappointment for this season's blockbusters. It was nothing more than "a kick-ass" movie. It had plot holes, overdramatic characters, cliched themes, and mediocre battle scenes. They were pawning off this movie as a different take on the legendary story of King Arthur. No castles or chivalrous knights or feminine maidens. Instead you had barbaric foes, a spunky Guinevere who had no qualms about showing off her six-pack abs, a handful of crass, unruly knights, and an Arthur who managed to set himself apart from all the characters, not by his stature as a great warrior, but by the bug up his ass that kept him from making any other facial expression.
I guess I was just really disappointed about the movie because it pretty much ruins your whole perception of the glory and chivalry behind King Arthur that I'm sure everyone has become accustomed to. I mean, if they had done a good job of delivering that twist, maybe I would be more forgiving, but they didn't. It's like the movie "Troy," they tried to make it realistic, but they forget, these are myths and legends that go beyond the world of reality.
Oh well, another legendary story bites the dust.
I guess I was just really disappointed about the movie because it pretty much ruins your whole perception of the glory and chivalry behind King Arthur that I'm sure everyone has become accustomed to. I mean, if they had done a good job of delivering that twist, maybe I would be more forgiving, but they didn't. It's like the movie "Troy," they tried to make it realistic, but they forget, these are myths and legends that go beyond the world of reality.
Oh well, another legendary story bites the dust.

<< Home