Collateral
I didn't know what to expect from this movie. For one thing, I am not a big fan of Jamie Foxx, and having him in an action flick alongside Tom Cruise was something I was not too thrilled about. But I was interested enough to see how well Tom Cruise could play off a hitman role.
All in all, I liked the movie. It had a good plot, it was fast paced, it had a lot of good action scenes and I thought the character develoment was well done. I hate to admit it, but Cruise was hot! It was nice to see him play a role that didn't involve any romantic entanglements or heroic gestures.
Just a couple of things though.......for one thing, no matter how hard Jamie Foxx tries, he just can't seem to break away from his comedic background. That whole scene with his mother was just too funny, and the comedic relief, I think, just ruins the whole mood of the movie. But I do give him a lot of credit for trying his best to be taken seriously, he wasn't all that bad.
And another thing, the ending was cliche and predictable. Oh wait....is that being redundant? The movie was predictable because it WAS cliche, right? Oh never mind, you know what I mean, it was unoriginal.
Oh, and just call me stupid but I have to ask why the movie was entitled "Collateral." I'm taking the accounting definition of the word, wherein an asset is pledged as a security for a loan. Did I miss something??? I don't get it.
Anyway, I liked the movie over all. It wasn't a complete waste of your money or your time. Although my sister, Meg says that I would've been better entertained watching "Alien vs Predator." Hmm...we shall see.
All in all, I liked the movie. It had a good plot, it was fast paced, it had a lot of good action scenes and I thought the character develoment was well done. I hate to admit it, but Cruise was hot! It was nice to see him play a role that didn't involve any romantic entanglements or heroic gestures.
Just a couple of things though.......for one thing, no matter how hard Jamie Foxx tries, he just can't seem to break away from his comedic background. That whole scene with his mother was just too funny, and the comedic relief, I think, just ruins the whole mood of the movie. But I do give him a lot of credit for trying his best to be taken seriously, he wasn't all that bad.
And another thing, the ending was cliche and predictable. Oh wait....is that being redundant? The movie was predictable because it WAS cliche, right? Oh never mind, you know what I mean, it was unoriginal.
Oh, and just call me stupid but I have to ask why the movie was entitled "Collateral." I'm taking the accounting definition of the word, wherein an asset is pledged as a security for a loan. Did I miss something??? I don't get it.
Anyway, I liked the movie over all. It wasn't a complete waste of your money or your time. Although my sister, Meg says that I would've been better entertained watching "Alien vs Predator." Hmm...we shall see.

<< Home