I'm a self-proclaimed movie buff. I'd say a large portion of my leisure time is spent watching movies, talking about them, buying them or trying to incorporate a scene into my life (which is quite a feat). Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Brothers Grimm


Absolutely terrible! God-awful! Worst movie I've seen in years! It had no redeeming quality whatsoever, and for me to say that of a Matt Damon movie breaks my heart.

Oh Matt, baby, how could you sink so low? I expect this of your jackass friend Ben, but not you!!

The story didn't make any sense. At certain points the quality of the film was grainy like something out of a 70's horror flick with bad lighting and effects. You don't expect to see this shoddy workmanship in this day and age of computer graphics, but maybe they spent so much time with the costumes that somebody forgot to pay the CGI people or even the screenwriter!

I mean, for Pete's sake, where's the plot?! Hell, I'd settle for some logic! Don't be throwing fairy tales all in one movie to try to tie them all together so that you can see how the childhood stories came about!

Oh, let's make the wolf who chased Little Red Riding Hood a werewolf! Yeah, I'm sure the audience will never see that! Oh oh! And let's make a creepy ginger bread man out of mud cause...cause....oh who the fuck cares?"

Sheesh, I've coughed up scarier things than their writing.

The movie couldn't decide whether it wants to be funny, dark, fantastic, surreal, or serious. And the casting was just terrible. Not even Matt's sexy British accent (wait, British? I thought they were pretending to be German?) could make this movie appealing. I mean, if they had shown him naked, maybe I'd reconsider and watch the movie again and recommend it to my girlfriends, but not even a forearm was shown. Augh!



And what's with the over-acting? Who directed this piece of cra----? Oh, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas guy, Terry Gilliam. I got just one question for you, Terry. How do you sleep at night?